Buy a Home in Lakewood CO
In 2016, Lakewood CO joined 9 other communities that won the All-America City Award for its arts and culture scene, growing economy and natural settings. Lakewood has a great climate. Summers rarely get above 90 degrees. Snow is prevalent in the winter. It’s a skiing mecca. The public school system is highly rated. It’s also home to Colorado Christian University. If you’re looking for a great community with employment opportunities, a booming real estate market and culture, buy a home in Lakewood CO to set down roots with your family.
Attractions in Lakewood
When you buy a home in Lakewood CO, you have access to shopping, restaurants and culture. You’re close to nature and to urban activities, depending on your mood. Here are some of the best things to do in Lakewood:
- Bear Creek Lake Park - stunning views, boating, fishing, hiking and equestrian trails.
- Everitt Farms - local produce in season, sustainable farming, agri-tourism, including a corn maze and pumpkin patch in the fall.
- Lakewood Heritage Center - history, souvenirs and seasonal festivals and events celebrating local culture.
- Belmar Downtown District - live music, nightlife, cafes and restaurants that offer local entertainment right in the heart of the city.
- William Frederick Hayden Park - amazing views of downtown Denver, hiking and biking trails in a wildlife habitat and 2,400 acres of scenic mountain space.
- Lakewood Cultural Center - art galleries, cultural events and classes for the community.
- Award-winning breweries - craft beers unique to the Denver scene. Iron Works Brewery and Pub is the oldest brewery in Lakewood, but there are many others that are creating brews to please anyone who wants to drink beer.
The Real Estate Market
The median home value in Lakewood is around $413,000. Home values are slowing increasing. Demand of homes for sale in Lakewood CO is neutral, according to Zillow. Most homes sell after about 50 days after being listed. Lakewood is just 15 minutes from downtown Denver, giving commuters easy access for work and to the airport. Einstein Bros Bagels calls Lakewood home, as does The Integer Group, one of the world’s largest marketing firms. The Denver Federal Center, the school system and healthcare providers also offer employment opportunities.
Buy a Home in Lakewood CO
With plenty of homes for sale in Lakewood CO, you need a real estate agent that knows the community and neighborhoods to help you find the home of your dreams. Contact our office for resources and information about the real estate market. Buying a home doesn't have to be stressful when you work with a local real estate agent.
Featured Listings - Take a look at some of our featured listings. Call for a complete list of all the properties that match your specific needs.
Community Information - Maps, recent home sales, demographics, school reports, crime statistics, houses of worship and much more!
Buyer Resources - Informative articles about buying real estate.