Lakewood CO wasn’t incorporated until 1969, but its history goes back to the 1880s. Even though Lakewood is a suburb of Denver, it has its own character and cultural scene. Real estate is booming in the Denver area. If you’re looking for homes for sale in Lakewood CO, you can find a beautiful house that will serve your family for many years. You'll be close enough to Denver to commute to a job in the city, but you can come home to a quieter community surrounded by nature.
Attractions in Lakewood
Lakewood is just 15 minutes from downtown Dallas, so you’re never far from the urban life. If you’re not up to a drive, you’ll find plenty of activities in Lakewood proper. If you’re into history, there are many museums. Enjoy the nightlife? The city created a downtown area with cafes, restaurants and entertainment venues. Here are some of the best things to see and do in Lakewood:
- Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre - located in the area where the Great Plains meets the Rocky Mountains, this concert venue hosts legendary music acts in a place where you’re surrounded by nature.
- Colorado Mills - if you need retail therapy, this indoor Outlet Mall features over 160 clothing stores, plus restaurants, entertainment, relaxation and much more.
- William Frederick Hayden Park - as the second largest park in Lakewood, this park features hiking and biking trails in the Green Mountains. Enjoy the natural wildlife in Colorado while catching stunning views of downtown Denver.
- Lakewood Cultural Center - a theater, art gallery and cultural center that offers many learning and exciting activities for children and adults of all ages. Ask your real estate services in Lakewood CO about the West Arts district that supports creative arts and delicious dining options.
- Iron Works Brewery and Pub - the oldest brewery in Lakewood features a “hop garden” where you can enjoy the weather and learn more about what goes into your brew. The craft beer scene is booming in the Denver area.
Lakewood Has a Booming Economy
Along with a good supply of homes for sale in Lakewood Co, the economy is supportive to adults in multiple industries. Healthcare and education are two large employers in the area. Lakewood is home to the headquarters of Einstein Bros Bagels and an internationally recognized marketing firm. Denver Federal Center is one of the largest employers in the area. High quality private and public schools serve the children in Jefferson County.
Find Real Estate Services in Lakewood CO
Looking for homes for sale in Lakewood CO? Contact Jim and Andi Erpelding of RE/MAX Professionals. We have resources to help you find your dream home.
Condo Or Townhome 1 /listing/285498553-150476787/2557-s-dover-street-bldg-2-no-5-lakewood-co-80227/
2557 S Dover Street BLDG 2 #5,Lakewood, CO
Courtesy of RE/MAX PROFESSIONALSCourtesy of RE/MAX PROFESSIONALS
- 3 bd,
- 2 full ba
- 1,128 sqft
Vacant Land 2 /listing/284670788-150476787/1583-sheridan-boulevard-lakewood-co-80214/
1583 Sheridan Boulevard,LAKEWOOD, CO
Courtesy of RE/MAX ProfessionalsCourtesy of RE/MAX Professionals